In many instances we offer to hold our fees until the end of your case. This arrangement is offered on a case by case basis upon our assessment of your case.
This applies where you are involved in litigation with another party and there will be funds available at the end of your case, but you do not have sufficient resources to cover your legal fees along the way.
We offer this in Family Law Matters, Employment Matters, Contested Wills Cases, some Commercial Disputes and other cases generally.
Such an offer is based on our assessment of your case. It is not offered in every situation.
Conditions for ‘Fees Withheld’ Arrangement
For us to proceed to act for you on a ‘Fees Withheld’ Arrangement the following conditions apply:
- We must remain in your matter until the settlement or court determination;
- Should you decide to discontinue your case, change lawyers or for other reasons not proceed our fees are immediately due and payable in full;
- The settlement proceeds are to be directed to our Trust Account;
- Our fees, including any outstanding fees to 3rd parties, are paid from the settlement proceeds first and the balance is then transferred to you;
- If there is a sale of a property, our office conducts the conveyance.